It is very important to go through the essay to make any revisions if required before finalizing the essay. Read through revise and make appropriate changes to it ensure that all the important points have been included in the essay. The essay must turn out to be exactly how you want it. Remove any detail that is not part of the topic, check the essay for the flow spelling grammar capitalization and punctuation, use descriptive words and appropriate transitions between paragraphs, ensure that the words used are not repetitive repeated words can be replaced with different words with similar meanings.
We can also ask others to read the essay so that we know, how the essay looks to a potential reader. If certain sections are not as per our liking, we can also rewrite those sections of the essay, if we wish to improve them.
Let’s quickly take a look at all the points we have learned in the lesson on essay writing:
An essay is a composition made up of several paragraphs, each of these paragraphs has a collection of connected sentences on a given topic. A well-written essay usually has a title and a minimum of three paragraphs.
An essay is written on the basis of a given topic. Before beginning to write an essay, we must do the following:
– spend some time thinking about the topic and come up with points to include in the essay
– ask questions related to the topic and find answers to them refer to various sources of information, such as books, media, people to get more information jot down ideas and information as points to draft and outline for the essay. The points may not be full sentences. Arrange the points carefully in a proper order.
– an essay is divided into three distinct parts: the introduction or beginning, the body or the middle, the conclusion or the end. Introduction it is the beginning of an essay, intended to introduce the topic to the reader. It is usually shorter than the following paragraphs as it only tells the reader what to expect in the essay. Body it is the middle and the main section of an essay that follows the introduction. It gives the most amount of detail about the topic, it can be divided into several paragraphs with one major point being covered in each paragraph. It can include reasons examples, quotations, statistics, opinions or personal stories of the writer. Conclusion marks the end of an essay, it sums up the essay and restates the important points of the topic including the writers’ views and opinions. Within one paragraph it uses words or sentences that signal the end of the essay.
Some helpful pointers for writing essays are use the outline as the foundation of the essay include any new ideas conceived while writing. At the right places use appropriate words and good vocabulary to heighten the effect of what is being said and how it is being said. Ensure that the words and sentences are grammatically correct, a bit of humor can be included in the sentences to make it lively and enjoyable for the reader.
Before finalizing an essay, carry out the following steps:
– read through the essay to correct mistakes or make changes
– ensure that all the important points have been included in the essay
– remove any detail that is not part of the topic
– check the essay for the flow spelling capitalization and punctuation
– use descriptive words and appropriate transitions between paragraphs
– ensure that the words used are not repetitive. Repeated words can be replaced with different words with similar meanings
– ask others to read the acid to know how the essay looks to a potential reader
– rewrite certain sections of the essay in order to improve them if needed.